Friday, 24 June 2011
Sunday, 19 June 2011
Across the Pond with the Loeckens: Royal Ascot: "The weather report from the BBC: 'A much brighter day with sunny intervals but also showers, some heavy with a risk of hail and thunder, bu..."
Thursday, 2 June 2011
Life got crazy busy and blogging was the last thing on my list. I think about it (blogging) often and yes, I am going to post on my trip into London for the Royal Wedding....someday! I just haven't had the time to sit down and play with the photos or brainstorm anything these days. The kids only have a couple more weeks of school and every day is filled with appointments and most importantly....fun adventures with my friends! :) Being an Expat, we need to make the most of our time with those we meet who are moving back to the States! So....that's what I've been doing! Since the Royal Wedding, I've been home to MN, I've toured Wimbledon, I've been to Shere for a stroll and a pint, or two. Oh my...so much to blog about! I'll be sure to bring my laptop home with me when we got back to MN/SD/ND for the summer! :) Oh...and I' almost forgot....I've been taking driving lessons and have tested!! Oh my....yes...that will be another blog...or two...maybe even three. May was a crazy month for me! :/
So anyway....tonight I'm posting a quick pick of the yummy Chocolate Macaroon Squares that I just made.
I might have baked them just a tad too long. Instead of lightly browned on the top...they got "quite a bit browned"....yet not burnt! :) Is that a word...burnt?! Anyway...it's 1am and I can't think straight right now! :) They are super delish and very rich! YUMMO! Here's the recipe from my friend John Michael! Enjoy.....
Chocolate Macaroon Squares
1 package chocolate cake mix (18.25oz)
1/3 C. butter or margarine - softened
1 egg - lightly beaten
1 1/4 C. sweetened condensed milk (14 oz can)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/3 C. flaked sweetened coconut - divided
1 C. chopped pecans
1 C. semi-sweet chocolate morsels (6 ozs)
Combine cake mix, butter and egg in large bowl/ mix with fork until crumbly. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13x9 in. baking pan.
Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla extract in medium bowl; beat until well blended. Stir in 1 C. coconut, nuts and morsels. Spread mixture evenly over base; sprinkle with remaining coconut.
Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 28 to 30 minutes or until center is almost set (center will firm when cool). Cool in pan on wire rack.
Tuesday, 3 May 2011
Wednesday, 27 April 2011
- "The Queen is thrilled that Kate is a commoner!"
- "She's (the Queen) concerned that Kate comes from a stable-minded background."
- Ingrid says that Kate's Mum is "very glamorous and glossy"! :)
- "The Queen wishes that she would have established a better rapport with Diana."
- "Charles will NOT abdicate the throne to William, because he would want him to have his freedom before he takes on the responsibility of becoming King."
- Ingrid feels bad for Fergie for not being invited to the wedding and that she believes William did NOT invite her out of respect for his grandfather. Prince Philip does not care for Fergie because of the way she disrespected their family. Fergie was a close friend to Diana and the boys were supposedly quite close to Fergie growing up. Fergie's a "busted flush" ~ not liked by the English people.
- "Will and Kate will cut their wedding cake with a sword (tradition)."
- "Harry has a twinkle in his eye like Diana had."
- Will and Kate will live in a 6 bedroom farm house on an island in Wales for two years. When they're in London, they'll live in a small apartment in Kensington Palace.
Tuesday, 26 April 2011
Monday, 25 April 2011
Wednesday, 20 April 2011
Sunday, 17 April 2011
Monday, 11 April 2011
Sunday, 10 April 2011
Monday, 4 April 2011
Sunday, 3 April 2011
Monday, 28 March 2011
Thursday, 24 March 2011
So, if you are named a Stylish Blogger, there are four things you are asked to do.
1. Thank and link back to Happy Mommy of Two the person/persons who awarded you this award. I'm new to blogging, so I apologize if I didn't do this correctly! :)
2. Share 7 things about yourself ~
- I grew up with three brothers, and now I have three boys of my own and one step-son. :)
- The states I've lived in are: North Dakota, Nevada, Hawaii, California, and Minnesota.
- I grew up on a farm near Finley, North Dakota where the population used to be around 600 people. I'm not sure what it's at these days?! I had an incredible childhood growing up in such a small community.
- I used to be an elementary teacher before becoming a full-time mom.
- I love shopping for shoes and vehicles...and that's it! :)
- I love all kinds of music, but currently my favorite is Pop (great for my running).
- I could live on pizza and chocolate...oh, and Nacho Cheese Doritos! :)
3. Then award 5-15 blogs that you follow. These blogs some of my favorites...check them out!
4. Contact the bloggers and let them know of their reward! :) Now go and encourage a blogger! :) Thank you for reading!
Wednesday, 23 March 2011
This glowing product, Diet Mountain Dew, produced and owned by PepsiCo, is the American product that my hubby and I miss the most! So much so, that we are willing to pay TOP pound (Great British Pound) for this soda that we have found through various over-priced websites around the UK. Thank goodness we could even get it here at all!
Monday, 21 March 2011
Oh my goodness...I just want to go right through this video and hold and hug this sweet young boy! It absolutely breaks my heart to know of his story, and that this happens to millions of children world wide every day!! WHY!?!?! Why are there these kids who think it's OK to treat people that way? Parents with these kids who bully really have to take notice and try and make the changes that need to be made to STOP BULLYING in our young children's lives!!
Casey Heynes....you're an incredibly brave young man who is hopefully inspiring oodles of kids to decide to stand-up for themselves too!
What is hard as a parent is this....I work very hard at trying to teach my boys EVERY day how to act with kindness and respect toward EVERYONE! Then they enter school and start seeing these "bullies", and they don't know how to defend themselves, because they were taught to be polite and nice to people. So, therefore, they don't know what to do! Just like Casey....he took SO much abuse for so many years because he didn't want to fight. He didn't want to get in trouble. The polite kids get screwed! So....now what do we do!?!?! We have to back-peddle a bit and tell our kids...."Well...be polite and treat everyone with kindness....but if anyone picks on you...YOU KICK THEIR ASS!?!?!?" That's what I want to tell my kids. OK...those who know me know that I actually DID tell that to my kids. But FYI...I have super-sweet boys who smiled at me and said, "Mom....we can't do that...we'll get in trouble!" :) But you see....that's the problem. They don't "go there" because they've been taught that it's WRONG to hurt someone. It's a fine line! I will definitely be showing them Casey's interview. I hope they see that if they are ever in that sort of situation, and there's no way out....that it is OK to protect yourself. Now...Casey had an advantage with his height and size. My boys are pretty little....so I'll have to teach them some good self-defense moves. :) Anyway....WAY TO GO CASEY! You're a good kid, you protected yourself, and you walk with your head held high!! ♥
Sunday, 20 March 2011
Friday, 18 March 2011
Wow...where does a person begin on writing about England?! The history of this country is overwhelming! Some of the great places we've visited since moving here last summer are:
- London (of course) - the London Eye, touring on a Big Red Bus, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Harrods, Hamley's Toy Store, Trafalgar Square, The National Gallery, and London Bridge...just to name a few of our stops in London.
Every turn you make in this country tells a story! I hope to blog about all of my stops....past, present, and future! I'm just getting started in your blogging world, so please stop by often, follow me and be sure to leave me a comment with your link so I can follow you too! Thank you!
Speaking of future blog posts...be sure to visit me at the end of August for a blog about our visit to Althorp (Princess Diana's Childhood Home and Burial Site). I know that's quite a ways into the future...but don't forget, ok!?! :) Especially those of you who adored her like I did!
Today however, I'm going to blog to you about my most recent adventure....a tour of the 2012 Summer Olympics location in London! On Tuesday, March 15, 2011, a bunch of friends embarked on an adventure into eastern London. The Statford District of eastern London is quite an old and worn down industrial area of London. The city is currenly in a regeneration phase of this district. They are tearing down many industrial buildings and will be creating a 1,500 acre parkland (3x the size of Hyde Park) that will run from the Olympic Park down to the river Thames.
I'm super excited about applying for my tickets! I hope I get some really fun events to attend! If you're interested in applying yourself, click HERE to fill out your applications! You have until April 26th, 2011! Good luck and thank you for stopping by to read my post!
Now personally...I'm a HUGE fan of the BEP, but this song....not so much! What do you think?
Wednesday, 16 March 2011
Access Hollywood Live: Matthew McConaughey Talks Family Life & Shares Parenting Advice | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos
Well....if you remember WAY back in time, Matthew once dated Penelope Cruz. I was thinking that Josh dated Penelope after Matthew....but as I'm typing this, realized that it wasn't Penelope Josh dated, but her friend Salma Hayek. So....there goes my theory that Matthew still holds a grudge against Josh for dating his ex-girlfriend (not that he ever did...I'm just...guessing, I mean gossiping). So....now I have NO idea why he didn't mention Josh, unless he just doesn't consider Josh a big-named star?!?! Hmmmmm....so....just disregard all my babbling. :) I should erase this and start again.....but why?!?! This is labeled HOLLYWOOD GOSSIP, is it not?!?! Read this and make fun of me if you must. :) It is 2am here in the UK as I type this. Once again...having a hard time sleeping. So much on my mind these days. We're obviously too busy, because I can't stop thinking about all the details of what needs to be accomplished the next day! Alright...I'll stop rambling now. Just enjoy the clip of Matthew. If you want to see more, there should be numerous clips off to the right of the one above, or just Google his name or the movie Lincoln Lawyer and you'll find all sorts of fun interviews!! G' Nite!