Friday, 24 June 2011
Sunday, 19 June 2011
Across the Pond with the Loeckens: Royal Ascot: "The weather report from the BBC: 'A much brighter day with sunny intervals but also showers, some heavy with a risk of hail and thunder, bu..."
Thursday, 2 June 2011
Life got crazy busy and blogging was the last thing on my list. I think about it (blogging) often and yes, I am going to post on my trip into London for the Royal Wedding....someday! I just haven't had the time to sit down and play with the photos or brainstorm anything these days. The kids only have a couple more weeks of school and every day is filled with appointments and most importantly....fun adventures with my friends! :) Being an Expat, we need to make the most of our time with those we meet who are moving back to the States! So....that's what I've been doing! Since the Royal Wedding, I've been home to MN, I've toured Wimbledon, I've been to Shere for a stroll and a pint, or two. Oh my...so much to blog about! I'll be sure to bring my laptop home with me when we got back to MN/SD/ND for the summer! :) Oh...and I' almost forgot....I've been taking driving lessons and have tested!! Oh my....yes...that will be another blog...or two...maybe even three. May was a crazy month for me! :/
So anyway....tonight I'm posting a quick pick of the yummy Chocolate Macaroon Squares that I just made.
I might have baked them just a tad too long. Instead of lightly browned on the top...they got "quite a bit browned"....yet not burnt! :) Is that a word...burnt?! Anyway...it's 1am and I can't think straight right now! :) They are super delish and very rich! YUMMO! Here's the recipe from my friend John Michael! Enjoy.....
Chocolate Macaroon Squares
1 package chocolate cake mix (18.25oz)
1/3 C. butter or margarine - softened
1 egg - lightly beaten
1 1/4 C. sweetened condensed milk (14 oz can)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/3 C. flaked sweetened coconut - divided
1 C. chopped pecans
1 C. semi-sweet chocolate morsels (6 ozs)
Combine cake mix, butter and egg in large bowl/ mix with fork until crumbly. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13x9 in. baking pan.
Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla extract in medium bowl; beat until well blended. Stir in 1 C. coconut, nuts and morsels. Spread mixture evenly over base; sprinkle with remaining coconut.
Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 28 to 30 minutes or until center is almost set (center will firm when cool). Cool in pan on wire rack.
Tuesday, 3 May 2011
Wednesday, 27 April 2011
- "The Queen is thrilled that Kate is a commoner!"
- "She's (the Queen) concerned that Kate comes from a stable-minded background."
- Ingrid says that Kate's Mum is "very glamorous and glossy"! :)
- "The Queen wishes that she would have established a better rapport with Diana."
- "Charles will NOT abdicate the throne to William, because he would want him to have his freedom before he takes on the responsibility of becoming King."
- Ingrid feels bad for Fergie for not being invited to the wedding and that she believes William did NOT invite her out of respect for his grandfather. Prince Philip does not care for Fergie because of the way she disrespected their family. Fergie was a close friend to Diana and the boys were supposedly quite close to Fergie growing up. Fergie's a "busted flush" ~ not liked by the English people.
- "Will and Kate will cut their wedding cake with a sword (tradition)."
- "Harry has a twinkle in his eye like Diana had."
- Will and Kate will live in a 6 bedroom farm house on an island in Wales for two years. When they're in London, they'll live in a small apartment in Kensington Palace.