Saturday 12 March 2011

Strawberry-Banana-Spinach SMOOTHIE!


I received a fantastic smoothie recipe from my great friend and fellow new blogger. These smoothies are not only delicious, but super healthy too! I am currently on Weight Watchers, so I always get excited when I find a new treat that's low in calories and tastes good too!

Not only do I absolutely love this smoothie, but my boys do too! They are NOT fans of vegetables....so this smoothie is a great way to get them a good serving and they don't even know it! :) The spinach adds NO flavor to the smoothie...only a beautiful green color! :)

Strawberry/Banana/Spinach Smoothie

1 C. Vanilla Soy Milk (you can also use Almond Milk)
1 1/2 - 2 C. Frozen Strawberries
1-2 Frozen Bananas
1-2 Handfuls Spinach
Swirl of Agave

Blend/Blitz all of these ingredients until smooth.
Swirl in a tad-bit of Agave if you'd like to sweeten it up a bit and enjoy!
Filling, only 2pts (Weight Watchers), and satisfying! :)


5 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! It reminds me of this recipe for "Ice Cream" that I found on a blog. I've made it a few times and it's a very nice treat! http://www.mintedlife.com/2011/01/17/ice-cream/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good recipe. I lost 60 pounds in 3 years and weight is still a struggle and i am not getting younger. Food is a big part of the diet and i am glad your are being healthy :) Good luck with weight watchers. It's great :)
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might have to try this one for the kids...if I can get my blender to work without blowing it up...and if I can hide long enough to sneak in the spinach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm Sounds yummy, i made one w/Kale, blueberries,French Vanilla Yogurt, bananas, and a shot of oJ. I'm trying to get healthy & everybody in the house makes fun of me that i blended Kermit LOL
    *sigh* LOL
    thanks for the follow btw =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. K is this really good? Too funny...you visit my blog & come away with a cookie recipe and I visit yours for healthy stuff! {Ha!}

    ReplyDelete